Letšeng Diamond Mine seeks to employ a Mosotho national with the appropriate skills and experience to fill the position Health and Safety Officer (Paterson Band CU).
PURPOSE: To assist Management in the development, implementation and maintenance of the safety and health management systems, policies and standards of Letšeng Diamonds and compliance with legal HSE standards.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compiles and implements safety and health management programme
• Ensures Safety & Health Compliance to national legislation, and national & international standards
• Develops and compiles Induction manuals and reviews contractors site specific inductions and advises on revisions
• Compiles Safety & Health Policies and Codes of Practice and establishes and defines safety aspects of work procedures and practices to establish acceptable standards of safety outputs and performance
• Reviews existing Safety & Health policies and Codes of Practice
• Conducts and reviews baseline, continuous and issue-based risk assessments throughout the departments
• Conducts and Participates in internal and external Safety & Health audits
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Degree/Diploma in Health & Safety.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in Safety and Health in a medium to large enterprise
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge and understanding of the legislation and regulations inclusive of legislative and regulatory bodies with respect to Safety and Health within mines
• Knowledge and understanding of HSE principles, theories and best practice
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the risks affecting the operations of a Mine and the applicable actions to manage and mitigate risk
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the mining industry and the risks involved in the various elements to enable compilation of risk profiles
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Safety and Health work methods and techniques applied in the execution of outputs
• Registered with Ministry of Labour and Employment as a Safety and Health Practitioner will be an added advantage
• Candidates will be required to undergo Letšeng Mine Pre-employment examinations
• The Candidate must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence not less than two years old
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to The Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email to [email protected]
All online applicants should have the reference i95/259/HSE as subject of the email.
Closing date: 8th February 2019.
Disclaimer: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.