HEAD OF DEPARTMENT PAYMENTS AND SETTLEMENTS Ref:-DPS
The Head of Department Payments and Settlements is responsible to organise and direct Bank’s Payments and Settlements Department and ensure efficient operation of payment and settlements systems, thereby ensuring that the Bank achieves its mandate at all times.
Areas of Responsibility include:
• To provide vision and leadership for the development and modernization of the payment and settlement systems in Lesotho.
• To provide leadership towards attainment of efficient and effective planning, resourcing, organisition, governance, operations, controls and risk management operations of the Department.
Candidate will be responsible to:
• Provide strategic leadership of the Department to ensure the achievement of the departmental and Bank-wide objectives.
• Develop and implement payment strategies and policies that promote the establishment, regulation and supervision of efficient and effective payment, clearing and settlement systems, as provided for in conformity with the legal frameworks.
• Lead continuous modernization effort of clearing, payment and settlement systems nationally and internally.
• Formulate and implement appropriate payment and settlement policies, standards and frameworks in line with the best practices.
• Ensure the provision of appropriate disaster recovery and business continuity measures for national and internal payment and settlement systems.
• Report to and provide technical support and advice to Management; external payment and settlements committees and participants; and the Board of Directors of the Bank.
• Interact with, and lead the financial industry as it relates to payments and clearing activities.
Candidates applying for this role require the following behavioural competencies:
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Applying expertise and technology
• Deciding and initiating action
• Leading and supervising
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Presenting and communicating
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
All candidates wishing to apply should have the above stated behavioural competences and the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Commerce, Economics, Chartered Accountant or equivalent relevant qualification.
• Ten (10) years’ relevant working experience in payments or ICT field, of which five (5) years at a senior managerial level.
The successful candidate will be expected to assume duties in May 2019.
Letters of application, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original certificates and transcripts, names and contacts (including telephone and e-mail) of two (2) referees must be sent on or before 08th March 2019 to:
The Governor, Central Bank of Lesotho, Corner Moshoeshoe and Airports roads, MASERU 100