To be responsible for the organization and supervision of, and participate in the treatment of the Clinic’s clients, and the provision of care and support for home-based caregivers of Paballong Centre clients.
- Develop and/or ensure the development of periodic plans for the Clinic and to report to the Manager about progress on implementation of said plans.
- Take a lead, and actively participate in, all the Clinic activities, such the nursing and counselling schedule.
- Develop funding proposals for your department.
- Supervise, assign tasks, set performance objectives for all clinic staff and if necessary, train Nurse-Counsellors, Nurse Assistants and Community Caregivers.
- Hold or ensure that daily Health Talks with clients of the Paballong Centre Clinic are done.
- Chair, and ensure a proper record is kept, of all Clinic meetings, including ensuring that a record (including signed attendance register) is kept.
- Hold monthly meetings between the Clinic and Kitchen, to plan/review ‘the menu for the Main Kitchen and the Day Care Centre (DCC) Kitchen; the meeting should be properly recorded.
- Organize and chair periodic conferences between the Clinic and any other relevant parties regarding overall progress/challenges with Paballong Centre clients, and to ensure a proper record is kept of all these meetings.
- Advise on, and/or if necessary, perform the selection, treatment and discharge of clients.
- Carry out health outreach activities as part of the Clinic.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Proven experience and qualification in working with people living with HIV & AIDS and/or their caregivers;
- Project Proposal writing skills;
- Good interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office suite);
- Driver’s license (minimum).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
■ Must at least possess a Registered Nurse qualification;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience practicing as a nurse and manager of people;
- Current registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council is mandatory;
- At least five (5) years’ experience working at a managerial position is preferred.
Interested and suitable candidates are invited, to forward their applications and CVs to the Chairperson of the Board, Paballong Centre, Sehlabeng Ha Senekane through the office of Acting Manager Paballong or drop them at the reception at Lancers Inn in Maseru or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th September 2018.
Disclaimer: Only short-listed candidates will be short-listed.