The Lesotho Revenue Authority (LRA) was established by an Act of Parliament in 2001 and became operational in 2003 under the Ministry of Finance. The Lesotho Revenue Authority has a 5 year Corporate Strategy in place for 2018 – 2023 themed “Rea Aha – We are building”. The Guiding Policy for the Strategy is “Building a Service Culture through Collaborative Leadership”. Through this strategy, the Authority will be building strategic assets in five (5) sources of capital: Spiritual; Social; Human; Innovation and Financial.
Visit our Website: www.lra.org.ls for more information.
Signium Africa has been retained to advise on the following key appointments. The positions are based in Maseru, Lesotho. It is the Authority’s aim to recruit Lesotho Nationals for these roles.
Head: Business Enablement Division
Purpose of Position:
As a defacto Chief Financial Officer, and reporting to the Commissioner General, the Head Business Enablement will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the Business Enablement Division which manages the Heads of the following functions: Legal; Human Capital Management; Finance and Corporate Services. Ensuring effective financial management and provision of quality services to internal clients to enable excellent service delivery to Lesotho Revenue Authority’s clients.
Key performance areas:
• Strategic Management: • Exercise delegated legal powers in the implementation of Revenue Laws and advise Commissioner General • Participate in and contribute to the development and execution of the LRA strategy and identify, measure and mitigate strategic risks that may impact on Divisional plans • Lead the process of developing and implementing annual Divisional Plans to ensure alignment and coordination with the strategic direction taken by the entire organisation • Maintain collaborative leadership within the Division towards achievement of staff engagement, motivation and organisational priority initiatives • Ensure efficient and effective enablement of the business of the Authority through timely and appropriate quality support • Develop a full understanding of, and therefore lead the Division in, the 4DX (Four Disciplines of Execution) framework in order to ensure effective execution of strategic priorities.
• Business Enablement: • Oversee operations of the Division and the development, implementation, performance monitoring and evaluation of Divisional strategies, plans and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency of all Service Centres • Coordinate functions within the Division to foster cooperation and synergised output • Participate in and contribute to building of sources of capital which will enable high organisational performance • Oversee the Authority’s and Divisional budget development and approval thereof and ensure availability of funds for implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Leadership & Management: • Define objectives for the achievement of Divisional goals and ensure commitment and accountability for agreed results • Mentor and coach direct reports through setting performance targets, giving feedback and confronting limitations in performance and take measures to develop talent • Identify, plan for and drive change in alignment with the change management framework of the organisation • Communicate Divisional strategies and collaborate with external stakeholders for exchange of information and soliciting support for implementation of initiatives • Uphold the core values of the LRA within the Division in order to create a value driven culture • Oversee the presentation of accountability reports and proposals for better management of LRA finances to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board.
• Policies, Systems & Controls: • Establish Policies, Procedures and Programs that add value to internal clients’ delivery of work • Identify areas which require policy development and lead the process of development of operational policies, procedures and frameworks • Ensure development and implementation of governance procedures for financial, management accounting and revenue accounting.
• Reporting: • Produce Divisional reports on implementation of initiatives for accountability and performance monitoring • Oversee the development and review of reporting standards to achieve uniformity and consistency in reporting • Oversee production of financial reports for LRA executives and the Board.
Key requirements: • A Chartered Accounting or equivalent professional qualification with at least 7 years’ relevant work experience, 5 of which must have been at senior management level in Accounting or Finance • Proven ability to develop innovative business solutions.
Please quote Ref. No.: LRA 002 in all correspondence.
If you are a suitable candidate who can make a difference to this dynamic organisation, please e-mail a detailed CV to Sewela Sekhitla at [email protected] quoting the relevant reference number, on or before close of business on Friday, 26 April 2019. Late applications cannot be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Enquiries may be directed to Auguste (Gusti) Coetzer on +27 11 771 4800.