Mobile developers specialize in mobile technology and demand for their skills set has never been stronger. Mobile application developers need strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
They specialize in mobile technology such as building apps for Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS and Microsoft’s Windows Phone platforms. For this reason job titles for this type of role also include Android developer and iOS developer.
Demand for mobile developers across platforms has never been stronger as the industry tries to keep up with surging demand.
- App coding, testing, debugging, documenting and monitoring
- Interacting with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
- Contributing to the development of project schedules and workflows
- Recommending changes and enhancements to software applications
- discussing the client’s requirements and the proposed solution with colleagues
- developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- using and adapting existing web applications for apps
- working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
There are routes into mobile development for both graduates and school leavers. The job is typically open to graduates in computer science or software related degrees.
- Programming languages such as C#, Java, Objective-C
- Strong organizational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills