The Institute of Development Management (IDM) was established in 1974 as a regional organisation in Botswana , Lesotho and Swaziland (BLS) countries to help meet the management needs of the Region through management development activities including training, consultancy, research, and the establishment of a Management Resource Centre.
The Institute of Development Management has traditionally conducted consultancy projects in the BLS countries but, in recent years, these services have been used throughout the SADC Region. The expertise available from IDM is extensive, covering a wide range of subject areas in our five core departments
Administratively, the Institute of Development Management is headed by a Regional Director who is the Chief Executive. Each country has a campus headed by a Country Director. The Regional Office of IDM is located in Gaborone , Botswana .
Academic year: starts in January & August and ends in December & May
Number of students enrolled: 456
Number of programmes: 11
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY OFFERED
- Diploma in Human Resource and Development
- Advanced Diploma in Project Management
- Certificate in Community Development
- Diploma in Community Development
- Diploma in HIV & AIDS Management
- Diploma in Safety and Health
- Diploma in Accounting and Business Studies
- Certificate in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Logistics and Transport
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).