Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. We offer a range of paid fellowship roleswith health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement.
A GHC fellowship is an exciting opportunity to build skills and gain experience with a high-impact health organization, but it’s also much more than that. It’s a year that will catalyze your personal and professional growth as a leader, placing you within a global and diverse network of bright, young, and committed health equity champions. It is – we hope – the beginning of the rest of your career working to transform health systems to deliver for all.
We are looking for a diverse group of emerging leaders from every sector and professional background who bring the skills necessary to address critical health systems gaps and who embody our key leadership practices:
- Collaborative.You value inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds. You are ready to listen to and embrace others’ perspectives, even when they are different than your own.
- Committed to Learning.You are willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone often (while practicing self-care). You are ready to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Inspiring and Mobilizing.You are ready to strengthen and use your voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Committed to Social Justice.You are passionate about social justice in health and have both the patience and the motivation to engage in the hard, complex work of building just health systems.
- Adaptive and Innovative.You are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing wicked problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Results-driven.You are committed to bringing your best and doing the work in the day-to-day, showing up as a critical part of the global health equity movement.
By the start of the fellowship, June 30, 2019, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Our application is designed to assess your leadership fit for the GHC community as well as your skills fit for your fellowship role. Applicants can apply to up to three fellowship roles. Every year, we receive a high volume of amazing and inspiring applicants to join our fellowship class and can only accept a small percentage. However, nearly one-third of our fellows have applied more than once!
- Applications open Dec 5, 2018Before then, you can view our application preview if you want more time to prepare your materials and begin drafting essays.
- Applications close Jan 16, 2019Applications close at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can!