You must have a passion for all things pop culture. You know a lot about tons of things and can elevate storytelling through vivid imagery. You can also snuff out inaccurate, poor quality images or spot incorrect attribution and imagery that doesn’t fit on a list.
- Ensure all photo content that accompanies long-form digital stories is accurate, relevant and aligns with stories’ subject matter (i.e a World War II image is not in a World War I list).
- Review images for quality, aesthetic and subject matter.
- Check for copyrighted and/or illegal-use photos.
- Provide accurate crediting and attribution.
- Review and update images that are grainy, low-quality, and contain nudity and/or have disturbing or graphic imagery.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of in-depth professional photo researching and editing experience with a digital media company.
- Experience with image licensing practices and legal image usage/attribution.
- Basic understanding of photo-editing programs such as PhotoShop.
- Well-versed in a variety of subjects and topic matter, including history, lifestyle, and entertainment.
- Commitment to accuracy.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Achieve high volume daily review goals and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- The ability to work independently.
- Confident in communicating difficult issues.
- A flexible schedule.
Ranker.com is a new form of entertainment publisher with a unique crowd-sourced element. Our editors publish ranked lists on topics as broad as the best movies of all time to things as specific as the best Dungeons & Dragons podcasts. Our readers vote, add to, and re-rank the stories as they see fit.
Founded in 2009, the company made a number of breakthroughs in the last 18 months which has led to explosive growth. Ranker now reaches over 50MM unique people worldwide, spending on average five minutes per visit, making Ranker the third-largest entertainment site.