The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
KaraboeaBophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
Project Name: KaraboeaBophelo
Position: Finance and Administration Director
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Chief of Party, KaraboeaBophelo
Classification : Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon grant award funding and candidate approval by the donor
The Finance and Administration Director is expected to be a strategic thought-partner and a hands-on and participative leader responsible for the financial and administrative business management of the project.
S/he will be responsible for the overall financial management of the project. S/he will oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources, and will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance, in-house controlling, insurance, and audit-related activities of the project.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provide oversight of financial management and reporting for the project
- Advise the Chief of Party (COP) regularly on financial matters based on the financial position of the project
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial operations
- Supervise a team of administrative and finance staff and ensure their compliance and efficient support of operations
- Ensure compliance with all Foundation and donor accounting requirements, financial regulations, policies and procedures, and ethics
- Provide mentorship and capacity building for finance and compliance staff of BCMCFL and sub-recipients
- Prepare timely donor financial reports
- Prepare and deliver all required internal and external audit reports and address audit findings properly and in a timely manner
- Develop and review budgets to ensure alignment with Foundation and donor requirements
- Analyse budget-to-actual variances to ensure proper financial management and stability
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor
- Monitor donor call down requests and cash flow planning
- Liaise with technical leads to support logistics and seamless implementation of activities within each respective area of performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field; Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience working as Finance and Administration Director or prior finance leadership position of a program of similar size, complexity and setting
- Demonstrated expertise in USG-funded programs and cost principles, rules and regulations and application of these in program decision-making
- Demonstrated record ofaccurate andon-time reporting to donor agencies
- Demonstrated experience in managing a department and supervising a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excelandexperienceusingcommerciallyavailable accountingsoftware programs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of Finance and Administration Director.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs as detailed in the individual work plan
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 28th March 2019