The Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with Programmes and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agenda.
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Resident Representative/ Deputy Resident Representative’s offices
- Effective communications and administrative support to the Country Office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Management of the RR /DRR’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and team work at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team.
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with UNDP partners, high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, recording of the minutes and follow-up on decisions made.
- Maintenance of Protocol procedures.
- Maintenance of up-to-date filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential matters and use of automated filing system.
- Management of the Resident Representative/ Deputy Resident Representative’s missions and representation schedule.
- Preparation of a register as a follow-up mechanism on correspondence for his signature.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the Deputy Resident Representative’s office.
- Maintenance of filing system, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the efficient flow of information in the office of the Resident Representative /Deputy Resident Representative.
- Clearance of correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements being signed by the Resident Representative/ Deputy Resident Representative.
- Follow-up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Deputy Resident Representative..
- Screening of all incoming calls and responds in professional, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Preparation of travel arrangements for the Resident Representative/ Deputy Resident Representative and perform liaison duties with other units for smooth arrangements.
- Backstopping other Programme Associates
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
- Support to organization of advocacy events if required.
- Sound contributions to LAN knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Pursue personal development and undertake mandatory courses on the UNDP Learning Platform.
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to perform a broad range of activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of Resident Representative Deputy Resident Representative’s offices, including data/ schedule management, maintenance of protocol, information flow.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Required Skills and Experience
High School Education with Specialized certification in Secretarial training or Office Managment. University Degree in Business or Public Administration or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
3 to 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, Office Management, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
UNDP Lesotho is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.