Enhancing Care Foundation (ECF) was awarded a grant from the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) with emphasis on TB in Mines and seeks to appoint a Project Assistant for a period of 3 years.
Fixed Term Appointment
The Project Assistant serves as the principal assistant to the Project Director, and administrative liaison with internal and external partners. S/he will support the delivery of project activities by implementing partners towards specified objectives. S/he shall develop systems and manage the administration duties related to the project. S/he will be based in Johannesburg and report to the Project Director.
The position comprises of 4 core areas of responsibility and include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and disseminate project related correspondence;
- Assist in stock management, financial tracking, budget control and financial reporting as required;
- Schedule and attend relevant stakeholder meetings;
- Provide assistance on the field, as required;
Project Support & Documentation:
- Plan, coordinate and execute project related activities
- Draft, prepare, process and disseminate project documentation
- Develop and maintain filing systems and assist in the storage and distribution of all project information;
- Document control and management;
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistance:
- Assist in the collection of data
- Provide database reports, M&E, mapping and other reporting assistance;
- Maintain activity records and files.
Compile weekly and monthly reports;
Ensure that all deadlines for submission of reports are communicated to the relevant departments;
Maintain and manage reporting schedules and records
In addition to the above, the incumbent will be required to perform any other reasonably requested duty, within the scope of his/her skills and ability.
- Minimum education requirement: degree or higher diploma in business management, project management or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management (i.e. report writing, program planning). Experience within the health, TB or related fields will be an added advantage
- Strong administrative and planning skills.
- The incumbent must be able to travel within the SADC region and be in possession of a valid, unendorsed drivers’ license
- The incumbent must be highly proficient in MS office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of MS Project, or similar PM software will be an advantage.
- The incumbent must possess strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- S/he must demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail as well as possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Considerable flexibility and ability to prioritize and shift priorities as business dictates is highly recommended
- S/he must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- S/he must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
Please forward a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, 11 January 2019. Please include your current notice period and salary expectation in your cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 weeks of closing date for applications should assume the application as unsuccessful.