Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites unemployed Basotho Engineering Graduates in the fields of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering fields who may be interested in a two (2) year Training Programme.
As a Graduate Trainee, the nature of job includes various Engineering tasks within the ambit of both Mechanical and Electrical fields.
Legal and other requirements
Under the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager or his delegate, the Graduates Trainees will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Performs field inspections;
• Receive maintenance tasks for execution, and organize equipment to be used;
• Identify any problem or maintenance requirement through observation and technical checks;
• Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including filling, welding or brazing;
• Cut, thread, bend and install pipes and lines;
• Remove equipment, dismantle conduct repairs or replace defective parts assembly, testing and reinstalling;
• Communicate on work in progress and conditions of machinery/equipment to Supervisors;
• Submit relevant reports on own area of work;
• Ensure compliance and adherence to SHE policies, programmes, practices, safety standards and regulations;
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Free from vertigo and not colour blind.
• Bachelors/B. Tech Degrees in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering;
• Time management;
• Sound technical trouble shooting/ fault finding skills;
• Hand-eye coordination;
• Proficiency in English;
• Quality control and hands on.
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Ability to take direction and willingness to learn;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships within a fast-paced, team-oriented and leaning environment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of
applications is Friday 19thApril 2019
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted