Electricians (5 positions) – Engineering Division
EENG: T&D 0170
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned positions. The positions are tenable in the Transmission and Distribution Department. Applicants may be expected to work at any LEC Depots. The incumbents will be responsible to the respective Area Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering plus two years experience in the field of Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literacy is essential
- Good interpersonal and people skills.
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work.
- Personal traits: self motivated disciplined and high integrity.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbents will be responsible for performing the following:
- Tests installations/wiring (domestic & light commercial) for compliance with the wiring standards.
- Issues out test certificates.
- Surveys connection applications.
- Carries out fault analysis and rectifies them.
- Carries out switching as per authorisation.
- Joints and terminates cables.
- Installs transformers and other relevant equipment.
- Maintains lines and performs system improvements.
- Carries out network inspections and documents defects for rectification
- Maintains substation equipment e.g. transformers, circuit breakers, batteries etc
- Supervises contractors and commissions new works.
- Carries out disconnections and issues disconnection letters.
- Attends to planned works and emergencies beyond normal working hours.
- Observes safety rules and regulations.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly marked the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver at the Registry, P O Box 423, Maseru 100, LEC Head office on or before 14th February, 2019. References should be made to EENG: T&D 170 on all applications.