The Government of Lesotho has received funds from World Bank to improve the efficiency and equity in the implementation of Child Grants Program, Orphans and Vulnerable Children Bursary Scheme, Post Primary Bursary, Public Assistance and Old Age Pension.
Fundamentally, the funding is expected to finance activities that will help in the administration and implementation of social assistance programs in order to transform and develop the underserved, vulnerable and destitute Basotho through acquisition of knowledge, skills, and development of requisite attitude to select and start up viable and progressive livelihood income generating options that will emancipate them from extreme poverty.
It is in view of this, the Government of Lesotho, through the Ministry of Social Development seeks to recruit for the following positions:
- Position: Data Entry Clerk
Number of Posts: One (1)
Type of Employment: Contract
Reports to: Bursary Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Bursary Administrator, the Data Entry Clerk is responsible for;
- The Maintenance of database by entering new and updated beneficiary information.
- Sorting, maintaining & verifying the accuracy of data as instructed by the supervisor;
- Processing electronically information from the Claim forms, beneficiary Performance forms & verification results.
- Comparing data entered with source documents,
- Maintaining files & records of OVC-Bursary beneficiaries.
- Assisting regularly the Bursary Administrator to verify the number of benefitting beneficiaries in schools.
- Maintaining beneficiary confidence and protects the Bursary operations by keeping information confidential.
- Verifying entered beneficiary data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data & eliminating duplication of data.
Education and Experience: –
- Diploma in IT or statistics or computer studies – Two years of experience with any data processing applications; –
- Knowledge of English and local language(s) is essential; –
- Good computer skills; –
- Accuracy; –
- Ability to work under pressure according to tight deadlines; –
- Ability to work long hours and to remain focused;
- Ability to analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Deliverables: – Information processed into electronic database & Management of Records & Files.
HOW TO APPLY:
Address your application letter, CV and certified copies of your qualifications and identification documents to:
Ministry of Social Development
3rd Floor, Pension Fund House
Then deliver them to the same address, Human Resources Office 3
Closing date: 11 January, 2019 at 14:00 hrs