Attend to customer queries, hand up chequebooks,deposit books, transaction cards (e.g ATM, MasterCard, Garage card), collect statements and mail to customers. Identify customer needs and, where necessary, refer to the correct department or migrate to more appropriate channels.
Understand and manage the risks associated with handing up and control of chequebooks, transaction cards and customer statements. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Attend to customers promptly and, where necessary, refer to the correct department or migrate to a more appropriate, cost-effective channel.
- Cross-sell products and services reactively and pass leads on to the relevant areas timeously.
- Initiate steps to resolve problems affecting customer service timeously.
- Refer queries that cannot be resolved within the Customer Problem Resolution time frame to appropriate department.
- Hand up chequebooks and transaction cards according to laid-down procedures.
- Ensure that cheque books, transaction cards etc are sufficiently safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
- Ensure that all the required controls are in place to minimise the risks associated with handling of collect statements and confidential customer information.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, IT or related field
- 2– 3 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to customer service.
- Sound knowledge of laid-down policies and procedures relating to customer service.
- Sound knowledge of banking products/services and the procedures underpinning them.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of the Branch Delivery System as it relates to enquiries.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of the various departments within the branch.
- Attendance of relevant SBSA training courses, e.g communication, sales skills.