Position: CDP computer facilitator
Location: Gauteng Centres
Reporting to: CDP manager
Closing date: 11 January 2019
Ensure the efficient facilitation of all aspects of training Computer Skills to Learners, and managing the resources of the Computer Centre and achieving computer skills through coordinating with other departments.
- Attend project meetings & report back appropriately.
- Maintain operational information.
- Keep records of the following:
- Inventory of materials
- Material usage records
- Details of training given in the projects
- Test Results
- Class Records
- Software Purchases
- ICDL Registration Up to Date
- Registration of Students
- Keeping a record/ data of students
- Keep computers safe from theft and infection from virus.
- Employ and follow strict Workplace Health and Safety guidelines.
- Co-ordinate intern administrative roles and ensure their completion.
- Prepare Lesson Plans to program standard
- Ensure that sufficient resources/materials/computers are available
- Transfer skills as per method
- Manage group or individual dynamics
- Gather feedback from group
- Process and file reports
- Participate in developmental assessment and (IDP) Individual development plans (&reviews)
- Ensure effective behaviour management
- Use range of methods as appropriate in life space work and counselling
- Excellent computer literacy & knowledge of Windows, MS Office, e-mail, Internet.
- Strong verbal communication and numeracy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written skills.
- Good basic technical skills including report writing.
- Good project scheduling & organizational skills and an ability to plan.
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work co-operatively with team members.
- Office administration.
- Accurate data capturing & database management.
- Excellent timekeeping abilities and scheduling experience.
- Grade 12 – Senior certificate or Relevant Certificate
- Diploma or certificate. Should the candidate not have relevant qualifications, sufficient experience will be reviewed to be qualified.
- Experience or coursework in areas of Computer Information Systems and/or Computer Science. Broad range of skills/knowledge in CIS/CS preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Three years’ experience in a similar position in a professional environment and in an educational setting, preferably in a community development organization.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to email their CV to Simphiwe Nzima at [email protected] or alternatively fax application details to 086 668 0542.