A compliance specialist is responsible for analyzing, monitoring and providing business support on a variety of complex procedures and acts as point of contact for site managers regarding program requirements. Additionally the Compliance Specialist II may travel to perform site audits, file repairs or initial certifications.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Communicate with the site managers over the telephone and/or by email to answer questions from the site staff regarding affordable housing program requirements
• Review the resident files within the time frames outlined in a contract or request help should some circumstance prevent a timely review
• Communicate in written form regarding the deficiencies found in the resident files and operate the WinDOCS system to insure the timely review of files submitted
• Review resident files for properties with multiple affordable program types
• Work with portfolios where management requires review of additional management related documents
• 2 to 5 years of experience in compliance or affordable property management is required
• Strong time management skills and keen sense of attention to detail.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate a sense of urgency and be results driven.
• Candidate must be able to adjust to multiple demands, shift priorities and demonstrate flexibility.
• Must have a working knowledge of the requirements of the LIHTC and HUD programs.
• Minimal travel may be requested to perform site file work or attend training.