The National AIDS Commission has been reconstituted and revitalised to equip it with the professional capacity to develop and coordinate policies, strategies and programmes for combating and containing HIV&AIDS in Lesotho. As an employer of choice, we are committed to foster inclusiveness, respect for our employees and their diversity, to inspire innovation and to encourage work/life balance. In so doing we aim to recruit talented individuals and encourage them to adopt our philosophy; as well as providing exceptional career development opportunities. We now seek, on a five-year, renewable contract basis,
COMMUNICATION & ADVOCACY OFFICER
Ref: NAC- C&AO -2019
Reporting to the Communication & Advocacy Manager, the incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce HIV and AIDS IEC materials and articles for Media.
- Design and direct HIV & AIDS radio and television programmes.
- Organise HIV & AIDS quarterly Stakeholders meetings at District level.
- Disseminate relevant information & documents to stakeholders and the general public.
- Prepare quarterly and annual districts reports.
- Manage the NAC Library.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s
degree in any of the following;
- Law; Public Health; Journalism; Development Studies; Education (Languages)
- Verifiable 3 years relevant work experience
- Must have worked in the field of HIV & AIDS for at least two years
and character traits:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Excellent computer skills
Email your CV, application letter and copies of certified certificates and a copy of your written publication on any subject to: [email protected] no later than the 22nd February 2019 at 12:00. Hand deliveries must be submitted to NAC premises, behind brown’s Cash & Carry Industrial Area Maseru.
- Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as a criteria for shortlisting.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within three weeks after the closing date, please regard yourself as unsuccessful
NAC reserves the right to withdraw the recruitment if it so sees fit.