|Position||Cleaner – K4L|
|Line Manager||Operations & Programs Director|
- Provide and maintain cleanliness of Kick4Life Phase 2 offices and its extensions through performing various cleaning duties as well as assisting in administration duties
- Create cleaning plan for Kick4Life spaces
- Area 1: Cleaning
- Clean and disinfect sinks, counter tops, computers, sinks, tables, chairs, refrigerators etc.
- Replenish bathroom supplies when necessary
- Polish metalworks, such as fixtures and fittings
- Sweep ,mop, vacuum floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Scrub, waxes and polishes floor
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, etc.
- Empty waste bins and recyclables and transports them to disposal areas
- Clean rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaner
- Remove fingermarks from glass door, windows, walls and skirting
- Wash dishes and make tea when necessary
- Responsible for managing the reception for day-to-day running of the organization and will be responsible for reception duties and administration support to the office staff, as well as coordinating mails, answering phones and attending to visitors
- Maintain the conditions of the office such as office supplies and keeping inventory to required levels, this will include ensuring that office furniture and equipment is well-functioning at all times and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Stock cleaning materials i.e. toilet paper bought before the last roll out.
- Area 2: Operations support
- Reports to operations head when spotting issues that need maintenance attention
- Area 3: Health & Safety
- Maintain occupational health and safety standards at all times in regards to clothing, behaviour, & fire safety.
- Keep the staff kitchenette to the highest standards of cleanliness as well as storerooms at all times and keep both free of hazards and pests.
- Stay current on and help implement Kick4Life’s Fire Procedures and Fire Safety Management System.
Area 4: Special Duties
4.1 Adhere to and enforce Kick4Life Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: the Child Protection Policy, the Code of Conduct and the Procurement policy
4.2 Enforce that all staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and players make use of Kick4Life equipment and spaces in a responsible manner, according to Kick4Life policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum COSC or equivalent qualification
- Confidence in spoken Sesotho and English languages
- Experience working with non-governmental organisations
- Some experience cleaning professionally
Work Based Skills and Competencies:
- Full proficiency in English, spoken.
- Good attitude, flexible, active, well-organised, independent and service-minded.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Shows initiative and willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to manage and procure supplies and equipment
- Ability to liaise with multi – disciplinary teams
- Ability to work under time pressure
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements and are motivated to work helping others in a multicultural environment, please send a CV and Cover Letter explaining your motivation and fit for the role to [email protected]
Please note that only applications received via email will be considered.
Closing Date of applications is 7th December 2018 by 5:00 pm
If you have not heard from us within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Remember, we will only contact applicants who have been shortlisted for interview and will not be able to provide feedback to those who have not been shortlisted, due to the sheer volume of applications.