Chief of Party – Karabo ea Bophelo
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho(BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centredHIV and tuberculosisprevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected with HIV or TB.
Project Name: Karabo eaBophelo
Position: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon grant award funding and candidate approval by the donor
Karabo eaBophelo (KB) is an anticipated five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
Chief of Party
The Chief of Party will have overall oversight and responsibility for all
aspects of the project, including administration, program management,
performance monitoring andtechnical implementation. S/he will supervise
project implementation and serve as the principal institutional liaison to
USAID; s/he is expected to take a leadership role in coordination among USAID,
key stakeholders and other implementing partners, and must have regular and
transparent communication with the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative
The Chief of Party will provide operational, financial, and management leadership to the program, and ensure that the program complies with all donor requirements and regulations, including submission of deliverables as required. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the program achieves its targets within the allocated budget and timeframe.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial and administrative oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and managerial excellence;
- Key stakeholder and donor engagement and relationship management, including representation of BCMCFL at events
- Develop and manage project resources and finances per the implementation plan and within approved budgets, ensuring appropriate internal controls, processes, and procedures
- Foster an enabling environment that promotes local ownership and project sustainability
- Lead the development and implementation of the project work plans and program evaluations in collaboration with the Strategic Information Manager;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of evaluations, training curricula and reports and other deliverables in collaboration with technical support staff;
- Oversee a team of multi-disciplinary staff, including coaching and mentorship of program teams
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development projects involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country;
- A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of a large PEPFAR-funded program or activity;
- Previous experience in programming for OVC, AGYW, and/or vulnerable populations living with or impacted by HIV/AIDS preferred;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to beperformed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs as detailed in the individual work plan
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 22ndMarch 2019