- Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
- In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- Embrace the concept of Botho with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
To evaluate accounting, financial, credit and other operational activities of the Bank as an independent appraisal function.
experience and qualifications
- Associate member of a recognized professional accounting body.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the related field. Should have extensive experience of managing and administering such department efficiently.
- At least 3-5 years audit managerial experience.
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Ensure effective management of the financial resources of the Bank and that all operations of the Bank are within the laid down policies and procedures.
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operational controls.
- Ascertain the extent to which the Bank’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses.
- Ascertain the reliability of accounting and other data developed within the Bank.
- Take appropriate measures for the prevention of frauds and elimination of conditions inducing fraudulent actions.
- Undertake special investigations at the directive of the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Committee/Audit Committee.
- Formulate internal audit programs in order that all aspects of transactions are audited.
- Ensure that the prescribed procedures are diligently followed within the Bank, so that appraisal and monitoring can be reliable and effective.
- Prepare reports containing observations, comments and recommendations based on carried out work.
- Liaising with the external auditors in order that both external and internal audit functions could be carried out efficiently and effectively with minimum duplication of efforts.
- Participate in all meetings of the Executive Committee, Risk, Compliance and Credit Committee and other allied matters relating to the overall operations of the organization.
- Provide guidance for smooth, effective and efficient working of the departments and take corrective action as necessary to ensure that approved plans and goals are met and that policies established by the Bank are followed.
- Regularly review performance in his/her area of responsibility against predetermined budgets and control standards.
- Be conscious of his/her obligations to contribute towards improved efficiency and cost effectiveness in all activities under his/her jurisdiction.
- Report regularly to Chief Executive Officer with regard to progress in achieving planned objectives.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Key contact between the Group Internal Audit and Lesotho FNB audit matters.
Closing date: 30 November 2018