We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to manage a portfolio of brands within the Grocery and General Merchandise categories.
You will be responsible for working with the retailer and suppliers in launching new products, growing suppliers, end-to-end management of brands, achieving targets and generating new opportunities for growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of brand strategies (including target setting) to drive growth.
- Work with the customers existing marketing support mediums and develop brand support campaigns to help achieve private brand objectives (with minimal budget).
- Create and perform against annual objectives.
- Regularly review performance and analytics of your brands and the category to identify opportunities and areas for growth.
- Drive new product development.
- Working closely with the design team and suppliers to develop packaging for the selected brands.
- Utilize category management principles to identify gaps within the category (i.e. product and brand opportunities), and provide the solution required to realize these opportunities.
- Develop strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Intimate knowledge of products, product range and competitor range.
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Business Management or related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience working with a retailer, manufacturer, or consultancy.
- Experience to include proficiency in FMCG, CPG, Brand Management, Marketing, Product Development
- Experience in Category Management, Analytics, Sourcing and Supply is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programmers (intermediate to advance Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
B) Attributes & Competencies:
- Must be proficient in sales, and margin analysis, and must be able to customize reports to measure brand performance
- Ability to analyze data into insights and recommendations
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Bias for action
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organization, project management and communication skills
- Proactive approach and assertiveness
- Strategic Thinking
- Relationship builder (strong interpersonal skills)
- Strong work ethic
- Creative thinker
Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and required skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Daymon Worldwide is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Associates joining Daymon may be subject to pre-employment screening.
Sunninghill, Johannesburg, South Africa (DWW)