Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
- ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (1) GRADE G (M177, 192.00 –M210, 792.00)
Under the general supervision of Deputy Principal Secretary, the incumbent is responsible for providing advice on the matters relating to administration affairs of the Ministry, administration of the ministerial fixed assets and movable assets, preparation of divisional budget, installation of management of the communication facilities and supervision of Administrative staff.
- Advises on administrative issues pertaining to smooth running of the Ministry
- Provides administrative support function to the Ministry
- Oversees and administers day-to-day activities of the Administration Programme
- Develops administration policies, procedures and system which ensure efficient operation of the Ministry.
- Facilitates international travels for the all members of the staff.
- Administration of the ministerial fixed and movable assets
- Design and develops administrative guidelines in line with the relevant Public Service rules and regulations to facilitate rational and productive use of Ministerial material resources
- Coordinates and attends housing Committee meeting meetings and participates in Committee discussions, as appropriates.
- Advises the Human Resource Department on staff allocated ministerial houses for processing of rent deduction casualty returns.
- Liaises with the Principal Technical Officer for maintenance of fixed assets of the Ministry.
- Liaises with the Senior Management and Heads of programme to ensure that all department staff is well accommodated in terms of the office space.
- Oversees management and allocated of the vehicles of the Ministry
- Facilitates scheduling of service and repair of the ministerial vehicles
- Facilitates ordering of vehicles and replacement of existing ones.
- Ensures the security of the vehicles of the Ministry
- Facilitate hiring of short-term vehicles
- Ensures that accidents are accordingly reported and accounted for.
- Communication facilities
- Liaises with sectional heads to ensure that all eligible officers have all the required communication facilities installed to facilitate internal and external communication with the stakeholders with the in pursuit of the ministerial goals and objectives
- Designs and develops guidelines on proper utilization of ministerial communication facilitates and equipment in order to prevent their wasteful use.
- Maintains and evaluate on a monthly basis the utilization of ministerial communication facilitates and equipment in order to identify arrears for improvement and take the necessary action on them.
- Preparation of Administration Division budget
- Facilitates timely budget preparation of the division in accordance with departmental annual work plan
- Monitors the way the Ministry’s budget has been prepared to ensure that it is in line with both departmental work plan and set budgetary guidelines
- Negotiates and defends the departmental budget annually at the Ministry’s budget discussion in order to secure all necessary funds to finance the departmental activities.
- Health and safety
- Coordinates sports and recreational activities in the Ministry.
- Ensures that the officers and surroundings are clean at all times
- Ensures that the fixed assets of the Ministry are secure.
- Supervision of subordinates staff
- Conducts the annual performance appraisal on the individual supervisors under his/her supervision and establishes the strategies to guide on their training and development in order to promote their functional competence and effectiveness.
- Guides subordinates staff in the consolidation of Administration budget estimates
- Job specification
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration/Business Administration plus two (2) years’ experience as an Assistant Administration Officer or equivalent.
- Degree in Public Administration/Business Administration plus four (4) years experiences as an Assistant Administration Officer or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all Public Service Rules and Regulation is Essential.
- Must have profound knowledge in budgeting and budget tools
- Must have basic skills in education and training
- Must have profound knowledge in management and administration
- Ability to establish basic effective communication among the staff.
- Good knowledge of computer skills
- Emotional stability and persuasiveness
- Planning and organizing skills
- Liaising skills
- Report writing skills
- Problem solving skills.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms (for serving officers), transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF EDUCATON AND TRAINING
P.O. BOX 47
MASERU – 100
Not later than 21st October, 2018