Our Client is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk for their Lesotho office to perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
The successful candidate must have advanced skills, a proven professional experience in completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing verifying and reconciling invoices. This position will report to the Financial Manager and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Check vendor files for any previous payment and assign voucher numbers
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item, description amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Type periodic reports and other records
- Reconcile bank
- Work with other departments to verify invoice processing and service or goods receipt.
- COSC and/or any relevant qualification
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures and information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of SAP (would be an added advantage)
- Communication and vendor relationship skills
- Confidentiality, attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional integrity, judgement and team work
- 3 – 5 years accounts payable or general accounting experience