The Lesotho Revenue Authority (LRA) was established by an Act of Parliament in 2001 and became operational in 2003 under the Ministry of Finance. The Lesotho Revenue Authority has a 5 year Corporate Strategy in place for 2018 – 2023 themed “Rea Aha – We are building”. The Guiding Policy for the Strategy is “Building a Service Culture through Collaborative Leadership”. Through this strategy, the Authority will be building strategic assets in five (5) sources of capital: Spiritual; Social; Human; Innovation and Financial.
Visit our Website: www.lra.org.ls for more information.
Signium Africa has been retained to advise on the following key appointments. The positions are based in Maseru, Lesotho. It is the Authority’s aim to recruit Lesotho Nationals for these roles.
Head: Operations Support Division
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Commissioner General, the incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the Operations Support Division which manages the Heads of the following functions:
Records Management; Information and Technology; Anti-smuggling; Education; Investigations and Technical Advisory Services, ensuring primary support to Lesotho Revenue Authority’s core processes in order to make it easy and attractive in delivering value to the external and internal clients.
Key performance areas:
• Strategic Management: • Exercise delegated legal powers in implementation of Revenue Laws, and advise Commissioner General • Participate in and contribute to the development and execution of the LRA strategy and identify, measure and mitigate strategic risks that may impact on Divisional plans • Lead the process of developing and implementing annual Divisional Plans to ensure alignment and coordination with the strategic direction taken by the entire organisation
• Maintain collaborative leadership within the Division towards achievement of staff engagement, motivation and organisational priority initiatives • Develop a full understanding of, and therefore lead the Division in, the 4DX (Four Disciplines of Execution) framework in order to ensure effective execution of strategic priorities.
• Support Services: • Develop policies and strategies that support LRA end to end processes
• Design interventions that ensure a responsive and efficient support services to internal clients.
• Leadership & Management: • Oversee operations of the Operations Support Division and the development, implementation, performance monitoring and evaluation of Divisional strategies, plans and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency of all functions • Define objectives for the achievement of Divisional goals, and ensure commitment and accountability for agreed results
• Mentor and coach direct reports through setting performance targets, giving feedback and confronting limitations in performance and take measures to develop talent • Identify, plan for and
drive change in the Division in alignment with change management framework of the organisation
• Communicate Divisional strategies and collaborate with external stakeholders for exchange of information and soliciting support for implementation of initiatives • Uphold the core values of the LRA within the Division in order to create a value driven culture • Oversee the presentation of accountability reports and proposals for better management of LRA finances to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board.
• Policies, Systems and Controls: • Participate in and contribute to preparation of tax and customs policy proposals that support the fiscal strategies of the Government of Lesotho
• Develop efficient systems and procedures to monitor Divisional performance indicators in all areas and take timely corrective measures in order to ensure effectiveness of the Division • Identify areas which require policy development and lead the process of development of operational policies, procedures and frameworks.
• Reporting: • Produce Divisional reports on implementation of Divisional initiatives for accountability and performance monitoring • Develop reporting standards to ensure uniformity and consistency in reporting.
Key requirements: • Master’s degree in Economics / Financial Management / Taxation / Law / Information Technology / MBA or equivalent with 7 years’ relevant work experience, 5 of which must be at senior management level and/or a degree in Economics / Financial Management / Business Administration / Taxation / Law / Information Technology or equivalent with 10 years’ relevant work experience, 7 of which must be at senior management level • Ability to be an enabler across multiple core functions • An understanding of the revenue collection enablers is an advantage.
Please quote Ref. No.: LRA 004 in all correspondence.
If you are a suitable candidate who can make a difference to this dynamic organisation, please e-mail a detailed CV to Sewela Sekhitla at [email protected] quoting the relevant reference number, on or before close of business on Friday, 26 April 2019. Late applications cannot be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Enquiries may be directed to Auguste (Gusti) Coetzer on +27 11 771 4800.